State regulations define sexual harassment as unwanted sexual advances, or visual, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. This definition includes many forms of offensive behavior and includes gender-based harassment of a person of the same sex as the harasser. This course will cover important information for employees including What is Harassment in California, the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Title VII Civil Rights Act, the Ralph Act, Discrimination, What Constitutes Sexual Harassment and much more.
Sexual Harassment For Managers – California
Workplace violence is defined as violence or the threat of physical violence against workers. It can occur at the workplace, or anywhere an individual is performing his or her job away from the work site, and can range from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults and murder.
Sometimes, it is domestic abuse that creeps into the workplace, or disgruntled current or former employees with an agenda. Other times, heated arguments between colleagues turn violent, or customers threaten and physically intimidate workers. Workplace violence looks different on each job, but there are common standards for deterring incidents of violence at work.
Workplace violence includes physical attacks that cause or are intended to cause injury or harm to a person or property. It is not limited to physical assault. It includes acts of aggression such as stalking, threatening remarks stating intent to harm, or behavior that indicates lack of respect and worth of an individual, such as verbal abuse, bullying, harassment, and emotional abuse.
Workplace violence also includes domestic violence that spills over into the workplace, brandishing a weapon while at work or on company property, and acts of revenge by current and former employees.
When training your workforce, it’s important to incorporate assets like engaging visuals, current statistics, and periodic knowledge test questions to help workers retain important safety information. Integrating a series of videos that teaches safety lessons through progressive storytelling can also play a huge factor in knowledge retention.
Common safeguards against workplace violence include:
- Avoid traveling alone into unfamiliar locations or situations whenever possible.
- Carry only minimal money and required identification into community settings with extensive contact with the public.
- Secure the workplace.
- Limit cash on hand.
- Use cellular phones and hand-held alarms.
- Use the buddy system.
- Follow off-site visit policy.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Define workplace violence.
- Identify job tasks and occupations at increased risk for workplace violence.
- Identify the categories of perpetrators of workplace violence.
- Identify precautions to help prevent workplace violence.
- Recognize warning signs of violent behavior and how to respond to them.
- Identify the appropriate response to a violent event occurring in the workplace.
- Identify what to do after a violent incident takes place.
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.