Effective Aug. 4, 2015, WHMIS sections of the OHS Regulation changed to reflect WHMIS 2015. The changes apply to hazard classes and categories, pictograms and labels, and safety data sheets.
If you have employees that work with or around Hazardous Materials, you are required by law to have them trained in WHMIS. You may think you have time to update your training to the new standards, but if you are currently storing or receiving GHS or WHMIS 2015 compliant materials, you are required by law to already be giving WHMIS 2015 specific training. In many cases, training should happen before a WHMIS 2015 product arrives. Unless you control your suppliers, this could be sooner than you think.
All employers are required to show diligence in ensuring their employees are WHMIS 2015 trained. What’s more, WHMIS systems must be reviewed every year, which also includes some measure of training. With this WHMIS program, training history and exam results are stored for a minimum of three years and may be accessed on demand, at any time.
What You Can Do?
When it comes to training, you can create your own or invest in a solution. Creating training may seem better, especially for a narrow topic. For WHMIS, there are significant initial and ongoing costs:
- Regulatory research time
- Training design and development
- Meeting time and travel costs
A WHMIS 2015 solution can save time and enable immediate action, freeing you and your team to focus on what matters most.
Not all training is equal. With Safetynow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.