- Describe the basic principle of hydraulics
- Explain the effect air can have on hydraulic systems
- Identify five components common to most hydraulic systems
- Describe two key considerations that must be taken into account when selecting a hydraulic pump
- Identify the two most common types of hydraulic circuits
When you complete this lesson, you will be able describe the basic components that comprise a typical hydraulic circuit and explain the function of each. In addition, you will be able to explain the use of hydraulic multiplication to increase the capacity of the hydraulic system.