Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. The goals for this course are to identify warning signs of an active shooter event, explain situational awareness, and describe what to do when law enforcement arrives.
An active shooter is a person determinedly engaged in killing or attempting to kill people. Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly.
The threat of indiscriminate gun violence hasn’t diminished. That’s why active shooter preparedness training efforts continue to escalate across the country.
The goal is to help lower the body count by equipping people with the latest life-saving preparedness training.
Built with the assistance of national subject matter experts from the law enforcement community, this free online course is intended for any audience, at work, at home, in school.
Who is this free active shooter preparedness training course for?
Everyone. Active shooter events happen at more than just schools and higher learning facilities like colleges and universities.
This course was designed with all ages in mind.
Talk with your family. If you have school-age children in your life, talk with their schools, ask about their planning and response. Ask children what lock-down measures and drills mean in their school and how they work. Discuss what you would do if you and your family were ever involved in an active shooter incident. Proper preparation makes you and your family safer.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- If you know someone struggling today with mental health issues, connect them with resources from the National Alliance on Mental Illness immediately.
- Ask if your local law enforcement agency has been through the Law Enforcement First Responder Training Program (LEFRTP)
- Employers can find helpful information on active shooter response planning by visiting the Department of Homeland Security
- Find resources for post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD) by visiting the National Institute for Mental Health
- Additional resources for preparedness are available from the Department of Homeland Security
- Take Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Free Online Active Shooter Course
- Organize live drills and emergency planning exercises at your workplace, church, school, or civic group, with FEMA’s guidance.
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.