This course covers the two main types of sexual harassment – quid pro quo and hostile work environment, rights and responsibilities of employees and employers, how to recognize harassing behaviors, reporting harassment, and prevention strategies. It is geared towards employees.
Unfortunately, sexual harassment in the workplace is a prevalent problem. Both employees and companies are significantly effected by sexual harassment; it can cause a loss of productivity, poor performance, disruptive work environments, and loss of good employees and managers. As well, sexual harassment is against the law as it is a form of sex discrimination.
Sometimes it seems grey on what is and isn’t sexual harassment. So, what does it look like?
Sexual Harassment Conditions
In order for an act to be sexual harassment, these three criteria must be met:
- Has to be sexual
- Is be unwelcome
- Is be severe or pervasive
Often, employees do not report unwelcome conduct or behaviors because they fear of job loss or other retaliation, especially when a power dynamic exists between the victim and the harasser.
What Prevents Sexual Harassment?
- Creating and publicizing a sexual harassment policy that explicitly states sexual harassment will not be tolerated and that explains what types of conduct will be considered sexual harassment.
- Creating and publicizing a specific procedure for resolving complaints of sexual harassment.
- Establishing methods to educate new management and employees on the company’s sexual harassment policy and reporting procedure.
- More than annually conducting sexual harassment awareness training for all employees.
Sexual harassment is a crime that creates a whole host of problems in the workplace. Foremost, no one should have to work with the fear of being subjected to unwanted advances from colleagues. Sexual harassment has a chilling effect in the workplace that fractures working and personal relationships in the workplace, and damages the reputation of employers that foster such an environment. Liability is high in sexual harassment situations, so there is good reason to take every measure possible to deter sexual harassment behaviors.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Learning about sexual harassment.
- Recognizing behaviors that might be considered sexual harassment.
- Learning the steps an employee should take if harassment occurs.
- Observing actions that can help prevent sexual harassment in their workplace.
- Acknowledging management responsibilities in responding to a harassment complaint.
- Understanding retaliation and identify examples.
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.