This course is meant to teach learners how to identify potential hazards in the workplace using various hazard identification tools, with the goal of preventing incidents from occurring.
As well, this course will examine the different preventative measures and proactive reporting methods that can be taken to eliminate or reduce the chance of an incident occurring.
There are many common job hazards to watch out for, which if everyone did, it would prevent innumerable incidents. Think of anytime someone forgot to ensure a machine guard was in place before using a saw, placed an oily rag near sparks, or didn’t wear gloves while cleaning up hazardous waste. Everyone knows of a horror story where someone else made a fatal error. Consider a welding station, excess sawdust shavings, exposed chemicals, a stapler, there are so many tools and debris in the workplace that can endanger your life. Lastly, think about your workplace environment. Do you work with the public, operate heavy machinery, or interact with dangerous substances? All of these are occupational hazards many of us deal with everyday. We don’t need to eliminate many of these important activities, but we do need to know how to assess the risks associated with every task.
After the completion of this lesson, you should know how to identify hazards and keep safety in your mind while on the job.
Not all training is equal. With SafetyNow, learners and leaders will notice the difference in value:
- Quality: Professionally-researched and designed using the latest mobile and responsive technologies
- Convenience: Works instantly on any device, desktop or mobile
- Time savings: What learners need to know, not extra fluff or legalese
- Reporting: Consistent, instant compliance records available anytime
- Support: Customer and learner support included at no charge
- Understanding the overview of Hazard Awareness terms
- The Incident Triangle
- Main root causes of incidents
- Hazard Identification Process
- Risk tolerance and acceptance
- Site inspections and written inspection reports
- Energy sources
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Proactive reporting
- Any Learning Management System (LMS) Use with any SCORM, AICC, xAPI, TinCan, HTML5, or other LMS (learning management system).
- Any Device Desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone – it simply works, everywhere.
- Engaging Professionally-developed, including an on-screen host and modern, easy-to-understand text, media, and voiceovers.
- Unlimited Attempts Each module can be taken as many times as required to get a passing grade. Unlike our competitor’s courses, if you get an answer wrong, you are redirected to the exact eLearning segment you struggled with… you don’t need to go through the entire module again, just the one part you need a refresher on.